"Providing exceptional value through the effective and professional application of legal and business
knowledge, resulting in practical, creative and timely solutions and advice."
Mark S. Edwards
- Mark S. Edwards is the founding member of Edwards Law Group, Inc. Mark is a results-driven business attorney who approaches projects and issues on an integrated business and legal basis. Mr. Edwards focuses on achieving meaningful solutions with financial effectiveness and positive long-term results for the client. He has over 18 years experience supporting high-technology companies in transactional and business matters. His experience includes both in-house counsel and law firm practice, working and negotiating with organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Edwards has managed the legal departments and affairs for multinational corporations, where he and his team were integrally involved in all material, domestic and international transactions and all legal matters, and where he managed the intellectual property portfolio of the company. He has served as an officer of a high tech corporation with responsibilities covering not only legal, but also a number of business and operations matters. With this background, Mr. Edwards understands the company and its challenges from both a lawyer's and a business person's point of view.
A few example activities and responsibilities displaying Mr. Edwards command of both business and law follow from a review of his last in-house assignment where he:
Mr. Edwards is admitted to practice law in California and before the U.S. District Court
and The Northern District Court in California (1995). He holds a Juris Doctorate
degree from Santa Clara University School of Law, an M.S. in Systems Management from the University of Southern California, and a B.S.C. in Finance from Santa Clara University.
- Formed and operated the Company's first ever legal department;
- Re-negotiated certain non-cancelable infrastructure contracts resulting in reductions of approximately $7 Million from fixed costs;
- Drafted and revised policies and supported roll-out of the Company's first Electronic Employee Handbook;
- Attended and acted as Secretary at all Board Meetings;
- Negotiated the company's first ever reseller agreement, with IBM;
- Liaised with investors and renegotiated articles and financing documents;
- Served as an officer of the parent and a director of its UK subsidiary;
- Served as one of three signatories for both the parent company and its UK subsidiary; and
- Designed and ran the company's first Intellectual Property proliferation program.
See the Full Bio for more information on Mr. Edwards’ background and experience.
H. Gregory Scharff
- H. Gregory Scharff is a frequent contractor to Edwards Law Group, Inc. and is the founder of The Scharff Law Group, Inc. Mr. Scharff is an experienced trial lawyer and business, special education and real estate attorney. Mr. Scharff represents corporations, public agencies, small businesses and individuals in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution. Mr. Scharff has represented clients before both the California court of appeals and the ninth and eleventh circuit court of appeals. Mr. Scharff has also served as a court-appointed arbitrator, mediator and judge pro-tem as well as serving on several committees for the Santa Clara County Bar Association.
- Mr. Scharff has acted as in house counsel for several large real estate developers and has served on the National Board of Directors for the National Association of Office and Industrial Park developers and owners. Mr. Scharff has appeared on national television and has lectured on legal issues throughout the United States.
- A Summa Cum Laude graduate in Economics and History from Bowdoin College, he received his law degree from Columbia University School of Law in New York City in 1986. Mr. Scharff also has a strong business background having participated in an interdisciplinary program at Columbia Law School where he received 18 credits at Columbia Business School’s MBA program.
- © 2002 - 2006 Edwards Law Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved